This Cookie Notice was last updated on 5th November 2021.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
We may use both first- and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are those set by us. Third-party cookies (like those used by Google Analytics described below or social media platforms) are cookies that are set by a party other than us. Please see Sections 4 below for more information on the third-party cookies we use.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
There are two types of cookie that may be used when you visit our Website:
- Persistent Cookies. When you first visit our Website, you will see it in a default form. Persistent cookies remember your preferences and behaviour and help us to personalise your shopping experience with us. So, if the last time you visited, you decided that you wanted to shop the UK site, in English, and see prices in £’s, that's what we'll show you.
- Session Cookies. When you visit our Website, a "session" cookie will temporarily remember you and your shopping preferences. Session cookies do not enable us to personally identify you, nor do they collect and permanently store information about you. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. Without session cookies, the site would forget which items you placed in your shopping bag and you wouldn't be able to buy anything.
We will ask for your consent to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where they are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested. If you later want to withdraw such consent, you can. Please see Sections 5 and 6 below.
4. THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third Party cookies employed on our website include:
- Interest based Advertising and Marketing: Facebook, Pinterest, Conversant & Google (including Doubleclick). These cookies collect information regarding your interests and preferences (e.g. products or pages you have viewed on our Website and elsewhere) in order to serve you with relevant, personalised and tailored advertisements online, or to determine that you have seen our advertisements on other services. This involves tracking such information across multiple devices.
- Facebook Custom Audience. This cookie allows us to target the advertising we do on Facebook more effectively by matching data we hold with that held by Facebook. Facebook then produces a list of non-identifiable users that an advertiser can use, which helps protect the privacy and security of the information. For privacy reasons, the list of individual matched users is not accessible to any advertiser, including ourselves. No data is added to an individual Facebook user account as a result of being added to a targeted audience list, known as a ‘custom audience.’
- Google Analytics: These cookies enable us to collect data based on your activity on the Website including number of visits, quantity of orders placed and number of pages visited. This data helps us make improvements to the Website and continually improve our customers’ experience. For more information about Google Analytics please click on this link: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- Google Adwords Conversion. These cookies enable us to track the performance of our advertising on Google's search engine, specifically which ads lead to visits and sales on our website.
- Affiliate Window. These cookies are used to anonymously record that a user has clicked on an Affiliate Window link that referred the user to our Website. This information is collected in order for us to pay a commission to Affiliate Window, and its affiliates, for any sales they may drive to our site. Affiliate Window cookies remain active for a period of 30 days.
- Sessioncam. These cookies record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected is purely used to help us work out what our customers like and don’t like and improve our website usability.
- Emarsys. These cookies enable us to communicate effectively with customers who have consented to receiving emails from us. They collect information when customers click on links in our emails, when customers place items in their basket but do not complete their purchase, when account holders, who are logged in, browse the Website but do not place the items browsed into their basket and when customers browse products and add these to their wish list.
- Gorgias. This third party supplier provides our on-site customer service chat functionality. To make this service as helpful as possible, the cookies track what customers have been looking at, where they are on our Website and what items are in their basket. We are then able to see this history while we help our customers to enable them to assist effectively. The cookie also tracks whether people buy from us after chatting with us, so we know whether we've been of help.
For more detailed information about all the cookies used on our site, click here
5. DECLINING COOKIES
Based on your web browser, you have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
If you choose to decline cookies, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our website, i.e. essential parts of the Website may not work. For example, to order products from our website, you will need to have “cookies” enabled.
For more detailed information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you would like to disable or amend your cookie preferences please do so by clicking the Cookie Settings button below:
6. HOW TO CONTACT US
Across the French Connection Group, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you would like this Cookie Notice in another format (for example audio, large print, braille) or have any questions, comments or requests about this Cookie Notice, or our privacy practices, please contact us at Data Privacy, Great Plains, Centro One, 1st Floor, 39 Plender Street, London NW1 0DT, or at email@example.com