1. YOUR PROMISES
You confirm that you are over the age of 18 and can lawfully enter into a binding contract.
- to access and use the Website solely for your own, personal, non-commercial use;
- not to use the Website for anything unlawful;
- to ensure that any information or details you provide to us are truthful, accurate, complete and up to date;
- to take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security of your account, including keeping your password confidential;
- to take responsibility for access to the Website from your computer or mobile device and the activities and purchases that occur under your account or password;
- you will not, knowingly or negligently, cause the Website to be impaired, interrupted or damaged, including without limitation promising to take all reasonable steps to avoid introducing, transmitting or distributing any viruses, malware, Trojan horses, worms, or other malicious or technically harmful items to our systems or other users;
- you will not use spiders, robots, data mining techniques or other automated devices or programs to catalog, download or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute content available on the Website;
- you will not frame portions of the Website within another website or application; and
- You may not resell use of, or access to, the Website to any third party without our prior written consent.
2. OUR SITE
Except where otherwise specified, the content on the Website is displayed solely for the purposes of promoting the availability of our products and services in the UK. We may accept orders for delivery to locations outside of the UK, subject to certain practical restrictions, and your compliance with local customs, legal and regulatory requirements.
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We may also temporarily suspend your access to the Website for operational, regulatory or legal reasons, or in order to carry out maintenance, repairs, upgrades or to remove, add or alter our services. We will not be liable if our site is unavailable at any time or for any period for any reason.
Whilst we hope not to do so, we reserve the right to refuse any request made by you, and to close or cancel your account at our sole discretion.
3. MAKING A PURCHASE
All product purchases are governed by our Terms of Sale. Please take the time to read these, as they include important legal terms and conditions which apply to you.
4. HOW WEUSE YOUR INFORMATION
5. HOW WE WILL COMMUNICATE
You agree to receive communications from us electronically, and that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications made between us electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such notices be made in writing.
We will primarily communicate with you by email at the e-mail address you have provided to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are able to receive emails from us. We will also, from time to time, provide information to you by way of a notice on the Website.
You acknowledge that you will communicate electronically with us by using the details found on our Contact Us page here.
Any notices sent by email, will be deemed to have been received 24 hours after the time sent by the sender. Any notices sent by first class post to us or to you at the address held on your account will be deemed to have been received on the next working day (being a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England). Any notices provided on the Website will be deemed to have been received by you the next time you use the Website and are presented with the notice.
6. USER GENERATED CONTENT
You are solely responsible for any and all social media posts, content, materials or other information (including without limitation graphics, logos, marks, images, likenesses, photographs, code, videos, clips, GIFs, biographical information, usernames, pseudonyms, social media handles, text, comments, blogs, feedback, reviews, suggestions, or questions) (“User Content”) that you post on our Website, tag to or post on any Great Plains related third party social networking site, or otherwise disclose (directly or indirectly) to us.
You may only post, distribute or disclose User Content that you created or which the owner of the User Content has given you permission to post, distribute and disclose. By posting User Content to the Website, tagging to or posting any User Content on any Great Plains related third party social networking site, or otherwise (directly or indirectly) disclosing any User Content to us you represent and warrant that (a) you own all the rights to the User Content or are authorized to use and distribute the User Content and (b) the User Content does not and will not infringe any copyright, right of publicity, or any other third-party right nor violate any law or regulation.
You further promise that any User Content which you post on our Website, tag to or post on any Great Plains related third party social networking site, or otherwise disclose (directly or indirectly) to us:
- will not contain any profanity, blasphemy, racist, sexually explicit, sexually gratuitous, obscene, spiteful, or discriminatory comments or otherwise inappropriate language (“masked” or otherwise);
- is not abusive, menacing, harassing, threatening, or is otherwise injurious, illegal or objectionable to us or any other person;
- does not promote or encourage violence;
- does not contain remarks that repeat criminal accusations, or false, defamatory or misleading statements, or hate speech;
- is not and will not breach any third parties’ privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (such as by including music, videos, photos or other materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on the Website);
- does not include comments about other reviewers or bloggers;
- does not include material which impersonates others or includes personal information about anyone, including yourself, such as phone numbers, postal addresses or credit card numbers;
- is not spam or unsolicited advertising / promotional material or any other form of solicitation;
- does not breach any legal or fiduciary duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- does not include third party brand names or trademarks;
- does not contain any malicious code, such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially harmful programmes, codes or material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- does not include information about our suppliers or manufacturers;
- does not violate any other applicable law, statute, rule or regulation.
You also promise and guarantee that:
- you are 18 years or older;
- you own all rights in and to your User Content;
- if your User Content contains any material that is not owned by or licensed to you or which is subject to third party rights, you have obtained all releases, consents and/or licenses necessary to permit our use of your User Content;
- if any person(s), other than yourself, are identifiable in the User Content, they are over 18 years of age and you have obtained their lawful permission to grant us the rights specified in this User Generated Content Policy (we may require you to provide us with proof of permission);
- our use of your User Content will not violate the rights of any third party or any law
We are under no obligation to screen or monitor User Content. We may review User Content from time to time in our sole discretion and will make all determinations as to what User Content is appropriate in our sole discretion. We may edit or remove any User Content at any time without notice.
We have no obligation to use your User Content but so that we can, if we choose to, by posting any User Content on our Website, tagging any User Content with #myGP #greatplains, #greatplainsuk, @greatplainsuk, @GreatPlainsUK and/or @greatplainslondon and responding #GPYes to a message from us, or otherwise (directly or indirectly) disclosing any User Content to us:
- You grant us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide licence and all necessary permissions and/or consents required (with full right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, display, perform, publish, distribute, exploit, adapt, and promote your User Content on our Website, and in any other medium now known or invented in future, including without limitation on any of our related social media accounts (including but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok) and/or in any of our email communications or printed publications any time that we choose, for any purpose unless prohibited by law.
- you agree that we may combine your User Content with other materials and may copy, edit, crop, adapt, alter, enhance, modify, translate and create derivate works of your User Content and may distribute, broadcast, transmit, display and otherwise use the User Content in any manner in our sole discretion. Once you post, tag, or otherwise disclose (whether directly or indirectly) User Content to us, we do not need to give you any further right to inspect or approve uses of such User Content or to compensate you for any such uses. We shall own all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by, or on behalf of us using or incorporating your User Content.
- To the extent permitted by law, you agree to waive any moral rights in the User Content to which you are now or may be at any future time entitled in any jurisdiction and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such User Content. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights include the execution of deeds and documents, at our request.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, you hereby release and discharge us and all members of the French Connection Group from all and any obligation to pay you for any use of your User Content and any of the intellectual property rights contained therein in connection with the uses described in this User Generated User Content Policy. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you hereby release, discharge and agree to hold us and any person acting on our behalf harmless from all claims, demands, and liabilities whatsoever in connection with use of the User Content as contemplated herein.
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted on our Website, or any Great Plains related third party social networking site, constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, their right to privacy, or is otherwise considered menacing, abusive, threatening or illegal. You agree to indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to any such User Content.
If you (or anyone in your User Content) asks us to remove any User Content, we will remove or take steps to remove such User Content from our Website, email advertising and all social media accounts that we control. However, you understand that other users of social media platforms can share and make use of the User Content once posted. In particular, a user of these platforms can take a screenshot of and save an image of the User Content to their device, share the User Content on social media platforms or websites which feature the User Content (and sharing capabilities).
Finally, we do not accept any unsolicited ideas from outside our organisation including without limitation suggestions about advertising, promotion or merchandising of our products, additions to our product lines, services, or changes in methods of doing business. We may already be working on or may in the future work on a similar idea. This policy eliminates concerns about ownership of such ideas. If, notwithstanding this policy, you submit an unsolicited idea to us, you understand and acknowledge that such idea is not submitted in confidence and we assume no obligation, expressed or implied, by considering it. You further understand that we shall exclusively own all known or hereafter existing rights to the idea everywhere in the world, and that such idea is hereby irrevocably assigned to us. Without limiting the foregoing, to the extent any such assignment is deemed unenforceable, you hereby grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide license to use the idea in any manner, in any medium now known or hereafter developed, without compensation to you.
We reserve the right to amend this User Generated Content Policy at any time, so please check back here each time you tag or upload any User Content.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All rights, including without limitation all copyright, design right, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights in and to the Website and all products and services available through the Website (including without limitation all text, images, graphics, artwork, photographs, videos, audio clips, sounds, logos, user interfaces, visual interfaces, button icons, digital downloads, data compilations, software and computer code (“Content”) together with the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, ‘look and feel’ and arrangement of such Content) are owned by, or licensed to, French Connection.
Some materials on the Website belong to third parties who have authorized us to display the materials, such as logos, trademarks and other proprietary materials. By using the Website, you agree not to copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any materials without the prior written consent of the owner of such materials
French Connection, Great Plains and any other registered and unregistered names and/or marks and/or branding used in connection with the Website, or any products and services available through the Website, are the property of the French Connection Group. No license or consent is granted to you to use these marks in any way, and you agree not to use these marks or any marks which are similar, without our prior permission.
- modifying, editing, copying, reproducing, distributing, transmitting, communicating to the public, publishing, selling, renting, leasing, or creating any derivative works from any of the content made available via the Website
- modifying, translating, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or creating any derivative works from the Website
- deep linking to the Website, without our express written consent
- the use of framing or similar techniques
- the use of meta tags or other tags
- the use of data mining, robots, crawlers or any similar automated systems, software or data gathering and extraction tools to extract and/or utilise data from the Website
- the unauthorised collection and use of ratings, feedback, listings or other information of the Website.
This license and your right to use the Website automatically terminates if you breach any of our Terms & Conditions.
If you believe that your rights have been infringed by the Website or any of its contents, or you wish to report any inappropriate content, please contact us here.
8. MISUSE OF OUR WEBSITE
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision and/or intentionally damaging the Website, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
9. LINKING TO AND FROM OUR WEBSITE
We may provide links to the websites of affiliate companies and other third parties via the Website. Other websites may also reference or link to our Website.
We do not control such third parties, or their websites or services. We do not promise or endorse anything in respect of them, and have neither examined, nor evaluated them. We accept no liability whatsoever for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such third parties, or their websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Website and to read the terms and conditions and privacy statements of each and every website or app that you visit. We are not responsible for the practices or the content of such other websites or apps. Any dealings by you with any third party on or through the Website shall be solely between you and that third party and we shall not be deemed to be acting as an agent in any such dealings.
You may link to our home page, providing you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not:
- create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page
- frame our Website on any other website without our permission
- establish a link from any website that is not owned by you, or in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please contact our Customer Services team who will be happy to help.
10. GENERAL INFORMATION